Tuesday, June 17, 2008

New Perspectives

So, I'm trying to see things in a new light. It is always better to take a step back sometimes...a breather if you will. As I work towards seeing things in a different light, I'm drawn to this particular photograph. We are all so small in a world so big. Sometimes though, only sometimes, if we position ourselves just right we actually feel like things are in our control. Funny how that works, isn't it?! Things are never really in our control are they? Regardless of what you do there is always a feeling of, "That's the right thing to do" or "Oh no, that's not right at all." I guess that is control though...the decision to do whatever you want whether it is right or wrong. Hmmmm...makes you really rethink things. It makes me question the choices I make sometimes. I guess it is mainly because I am the one having to live with the consequences, but that's just life now isn't it.

I'm so thankful. Thankful for my friends, my family, Ellie and everything in between. I get caught up sometimes in the everyday stresses, but each night I can go to bed truly thankful for the blessings I have in my life. Josh and I had a long history lesson this past weekend. :) We spent the two hour (one way) ride to the mall in traffic talking about the Depression. We also touched base on the events leading up to as well as following the Depression. I never really paid much attention to school history, so talking about it with Josh really made an impact on me. Just little things, like having food on the table and savings in the bank (regardless how small :)) is really something that I feel I take for granted. Do you ever walk into your kitchen and see a bunch of random food and still say, "Gah, there's nothing to eat in this house." Seriously, I'm sure there's something there that may not be quite as convenient as you would like, but it's still eatable. That's what I mean. Just taking things for granted.

Not real sure where I was going with this post. I guess just to say that sometimes things aren't as bad as they seem. :)

No comments: