Monday, June 9, 2008

Family Matters

I just realized that I have not taken the opportunity to talk about my family yet. What kind of person does that make me?! I know I have mentioned Ellie quite a few times, but I left the rest of my family out. So, here is a little Davis Klan background info for ya!

I am the youngest of three girls and I have a half brother who is the oldest; topping out at 42. Lauren, the oldest of the girls, will be turning 29 on July 30th. She is the one standing in the middle in the picture above. Lauren is currently working in Knoxville, Tennessee, but you never know where she will be next. She is an anchor/reporter for the CBS affiliate in Knoxville. That's right, I do know famous people. Lauren graduated from the University of Georgia with a degree in Broadcast Journalism and has worked in the news industry ever since. Click here for her full bio! No, she hasn't given me a deal on UGA alumni tickets yet (hint, hint), but I still love her! You send her off to work and what happens? It's Vols this and Vols that...shame on her for forgetting her roots. ;) I guess it all comes with the territory.

Leslie is my other sister and just as wonderful. No fighting now, I love you both equally (that's what my Mom would say anyway). Leslie just turned 26 and she works for the same hospital I do. She makes a lot more money than I do, but I am attributing that to age. Ok, so it might have something to do with the fact that she has a Bachelor's in Biology and a Master's in Public Administration. Nah, it's totally an age thing! Yes, Leslie and I are still living at our parent's house. Hey, you have to save while you can. Leslie is working towards medical school where she wants to study plastic surgery. Fun, Fun! Speaking of that, she actually has her MCAT this Friday. Yikes! Friday the 13th! Maybe not the best day to choose to take the HARDEST TEST OF YOUR LIFE!! (Just kidding Leslie...no worries:)) She'll do fine though. She never lacked in the smarts department.

So, those are my sisters.

The oldest of the Davis siblings is Jack. I am such a bad sister, I don't even have a picture of Jack on my computer. I will try to get one soon! We do not get to see him as much as we would like, because he lives in Indiana. We shoot for annual visits, but sometimes time just gets away from us. He has two beautiful daughters and a new wife. I haven't had the opportunity to meet his wife yet, but she sounds sweet. Hopefully we can coordinate some sort of visit in the near future.

Ah, Mom and Dad. Aren't parents great?! My parents, Jack and Laurie, are coming up on their 32 wedding anniversary this year. Actually, it is tomorrow. Wow, 32 years! Now that is an accomplishment. Believe me, I say that with the deepest sincerity. Ellie's father and I did not even make it through the first year after she was born. Mom and Dad made it through all of us, and then some. My hat goes off to them and all of their hard work.


I guess that is it for now. I could hardly sum up my family in one post, so I am sure you will read more soon!

1 comment:

Lovely Lauren said...

Thanks for the reminder. I've got to call Mom and Dad and wish them a happy anniversary and Leslie good luck on the MCAT! Oh, and we're going to DC on Friday the
13th???????? Flying isn't smart on that day either! Oh well, I guess we'll just take the plunge (no pun intended). I love you!