Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day 2008

Back to work for me! It would have been nice to take today off and enjoy Memorial Day, but instead I am working. Good news though, I am taking this Friday off for a long weekend at the beach! Josh, Ellie, and I are going with my parents to Folly Beach, SC. For those of you like me who have never heard of Folly Beach, I have included a map for you.
We are pretty excited about our little vacation. Yes, I would give just about anything to head to the beach for a whole week, but work just won't permit that this trip. So, we are leaving early Friday morning and coming back Sunday afternoon. A brief trip, but long enough for me to get some cute pictures of Ellie playing on the beach! I know, I know...buy some sand and a backdrop and I will save myself some time and money, right? Nah, the real thing is way better!

So, the weekend went well. Aside from me missing Ellie, Josh and I had a nice time together. I say that, but yesterday I spent the whole day studying after church so we didn't really get to spend much time together. I like to think of it as delayed gratification. I am working hard now so that I can enjoy things once I am finished with school. Had I thought of that five years ago I would already be finished with school, but it is better late than never.

This was a cute picture taken Saturday evening before the movie. Yes, I do take random pictures all the time. Aren't they great?! There is not anything better than having special moments captured in a photograph. If you are like me, you probably have trouble remembering things anyway so having pictures really helps jar the memory. That is another thing Josh and I have in common, not the memory loss, loving photography. We both appreciate the art behind it and enjoy creating art with it. I think I enjoy being in front of the camera a little more than Josh does, but he's warming up to the idea.

What else? Hmmm...
Ellie made it back home safely. She is such a little rascal. She is that kid that is so darn cute you just want to squeeze her all the time. No, I am not biased. She really is the cutest kid in the world. I cannot wait to see her at the beach. I took her to Florida last summer, but she was just too young to even know what was going on. Not that she will be any better this year, but at least she is old enough to walk and play in the sand. I will probably regret the longing for her to play in the sand when she returns with sand in every orifice. I am foreseeing the error in my judgement as I am typing this. I guess that is all part of the fun.
Here she is, Miss America. Look at those eyes! She is going to be such a little heart-
breaker. I think I better get her out of that pacifier stage before she starts breaking those hearts.

I wish I had some fun Memorial Day pictures to share. Maybe after work this afternoon I will have some free time to enjoy the holiday and snap some pics. No fear, the beach weekend is just ahead and I see tons of photos in the near future! :)

1 comment:

Lovely Lauren said...

Glad Ellie's back safe and sound and cute as ever! Ya'll are going to have a blast at Foley Beach! Take lots of pictures!!