Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Country Pleasures

Oh yeah, that's a bear...and yes, that is my backyard! Isn't that exciting! My dad happened to notice him prowling around the treeline and snapped this shot. Needless to say, the bear and my dad headed opposite directions once the photoshoot was over. This is just another example of the simple pleasures I was writing about earlier. Most people will go their whole life without seeing a bear close up, much less in their backyard! Beary cool! :)


This one is a little out of focus, but you still get the idea. Pretty big black snake, huh?! This was in the backyard too. He was just chillin; catchin some rays. I wish I had something next to him so you could actually see the size of this sucker. He was the biggest I have seen in a while. It was a wildlife weekend!

1 comment:

Lovely Lauren said...

Beary cool indeed! I love the picture of the bear! It's really neat dad was able to catch him just turned backwards looking at the camera! What an awesome picture! And the snake just sunning himself is awesome, too! Did dad tell you that later that evening he saw a groundhog on his hind legs in the same spot? It was definitely a wildlife weekend at the Davis Ranch!!