Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Nestled in the North Georgia Mountains! Isn't it beautiful?! I was born and raised here and I am happy to say I still call it home. Who would want to leave such a breathtaking view? This picture was taken back in November of 2007 when Josh and I took the afternoon to go hiking. This is one of his favorite spots. I cannot believe it has been six months since we took this hike together. Time just goes by so fast. It seems like every weekend there is something planned. We keep saying maybe we will go again next weekend, but before you know it half the year is gone. I guess that is what happens when you get caught up in everything else. Maybe we will get to go again soon.


This is probably my favorite picture from our little hiking trip. Just the idea of solitude. The idea that you are alone in a world full of winding paths. We all know that choosing the right path is essential in getting you where you want to be, but do we always take the right path? I know I haven't. That is all part of growing I guess...the journey through adolescence and into adulthood. This is kind of a personal reminder that sometimes the path less traveled is the one worth taking.


This last picture is of my honey! This is Joshua Paul with me atop Preacher's Rock. Josh is my boyfriend and my best friend. Sounds pretty corny, huh? I get that a lot. I guess I could have came up with a better title for him. Supporter, encourager, strengthener, teacher...any of those would have done the job. He is an amazing individual. Each day I find myself admiring him more and more. I guess it is just funny how things work out. Josh has been a part of my life for the past eight years. He has not always played the main role, but his friendship has remained unwavering. What more could you ask for? Well, maybe a wonderful personality, good looks, and a great family....yeah, he has those too. More than that though, he is always thinking of others. Whether it be me, Ellie, his family, or a stranger, his thoughtful nature shines through. It's a good thing too, because thoughtfulness is at the top of my must-have quality list. :) Anyway, I am sure you will hear more about him later.


2 comments:

Leslie Davis said...

I've decide that you need to write a book. It amazes me that you can just sit down and write the way you do. It stresses me out to even think about blogging. First, I have the subject to come up with, then there is the to whole SPELLING thing to worry about. You seem to have a real gift for writing (and comedy). Just a thought for you to consider.

Lovely Lauren said...

In life you do choose paths, but they're never the wrong ones. They were the ones you were destined to take to get you where you are today. It is all about learning and growing. You are at a great place in your life. You've got your whole life ahead of you and your setting it up to be a successful one! I'm excited to see what's in store for you and Ellie!!!