Thursday, May 22, 2008

Weight Loss Planning

I cannot believe May is almost over. I went to Wal-Mart the other night and noticed that all of the 4th of July stuff was out on display. I guess they get it out early for Memorial Day. Sure enough, when I got back home with Ellie her GiGi had already made a trip to The Children's Place to get Ellie a new red, white, and blue swimsuit. Talk about precious, it was the cutest thing! Mom even purchased sunglasses and sandals to match. She will be hot stuff this holiday!

Speaking of hot stuff, I have started my diet...dun, dun, dun. I have never been one to diet or even exercise on a regular basis; I never really needed to. Remember me saying everything changes with a new baby? Oh yeah, your body and exercising changes too. Maybe it is different for some mothers, but putting on 70lbs when you are pregnant makes getting that weight back off quite the challenge. I have done pretty good so far, but I wouldn't go so far to say that I am back to my normal weight. Plus, I am a woman...satisfaction when I look in the mirror is probably never going to happen. So rather than stressing about weight loss and losing sight of the good I am actually doing, I have decided to set some goals for myself.

First on that list: working out. Josh and I have actually started going to the gym and I love it! We go Tuesday, Thursday, and we have just added Saturday to the schedule. He grew up working out with his dad and always wrestling or playing football, so he is all about it. I think that is a huge step in maintaining a steady workout habit, finding a motivated partner. Plus, he knows what he is doing in the gym and I don't. I am learning though! Working out together really gives us some time to spend together rather than busy with our own things all the time. Not to mention that the gym has a childcare room for Ellie. A good workout, great partner, stress relief, and childcare all in one...well worth the monthly payment!

Second on my list: eating healthy. Eating too much has never really been an issue for me. I am pretty good about portioning and not over doing it, but I just felt like I needed some kind of healthy structure to follow. Something that I could really stick with and make a lifestyle change. I think that is where it begins. If I am going to go through the trouble of getting back into shape, then I am going to keep it that way. Plus, I have always had a plan for more babies (in the future that is), so working out and having good eating habits now will help to make the next journey back to pre-pregnancy weight a little easier than the last.

Third and final on my list as of now: fitting into those pre-preggy pants in my closet! I have gotten back into some of my pre-pregnancy clothes, but there are two pairs of pants in particular that I am determined to wear again. You know, those favorite jeans (and the other is the favorite pair of khakis). Makes me excited just thinking about it! In addition to that, I guess part of this goal would include feeling good in my skin. That is probably the most important. It would just be nice to feel comfortable again (well, as much comfort as possible) in a swimsuit. So, I am on my way!! I will be sure to let you know the ups and downs along the way.


Although, there was a HUGE plus with gaining that weight.... ELLIE :)





I thought these were cute. Bed-head at its best! I took these yesterday when Ellie finally emerged from her three hour nap. What would a daily post be without something to do with the Elroo?!








2 comments:

Leslie Davis said...

Ok, just so you know...you can't just post a comment. I tried, went through the process to sign up for a gmail account and sign in and then it brought me to this screen to leave my comment...what it didn't do was bring me back to the COMMENT I had already written you. Too bad, it was a great comment (a lot better than this one)...you just can't re-create genius like that;-)

Lovely Lauren said...

I'm glad you're excercising! It'll make you feel so good! And it's good for your heart! Means you'll live a long time! Hopefully!! I love these pictures of Ellie! She is cute, cute, cute!!! I'm glad I can watch her grow here on your blog! Keep it up:) I can't wait to see the pictures from your beach trip this coming weekend! They'll be great!!