Monday, July 28, 2008

Surprise Visit

There were some pleasant changes in the family visit this weekend. Yesterday, to our surprise, in addition to my brother, his wife, and his little girl, my Aunt and cousins (who brought their husband and girlfriend too) showed up to visit. It was so good to see everyone! Talk about a full house. We spent the day out by the pool visiting and catching up on what seemed like forever. Then, we grilled out and enjoyed a feast that mom and dad prepared for us all. You don't realize just how much time has passed until you start rehashing those old memories. We all had a great time and I am so happy that they all had a chance to see Ellie too!

There never seems to be enough time for family. Everyone stays so busy with their own lives; trying to squeeze in a visit or two during those spare weekends. Actually, if we really waited for "spare" weekends we would never see family. I think that goes for everyone though. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and put everything off one more weekend (work and play) and just enjoy the company.

Speaking of work, it's back to work today! Monday is always a bit of a struggle for me...probably for everyone. I get up with all good intentions, "Today is going to be a great day and week!" Then I get to work and realize just how tired I am. It's good though, I'll wake up for Tuesday! :)

I better get to it!

No comments: