Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Over the Top!

Can we say slacker?! Seriously, I haven't posted in over a week! That's what happens when school starts back and stress settles in. I'll work on it though. :)

So what's new and exciting? Hmmmm.... The Corey Smith concert is this weekend and I can hardly sit still I'm so excited! He may not call himself a genius, but I do! If you haven't heard him, check him out!

The weekend is looking great already and it's only Tuesday! Leslie and Creo are going to the concert with me and Lauren and Judson are coming home for the concert as well...excitement level just went up ten points! Cara (one of my best friends) and her new hubby Greg are going to be joining us for the party too! Oh man, it's going to be off the hook! Yes, I just said that.

Other than the concert, I have a quick update on the little one. Ellie is great as usual, but she had an accident today. I should be more specific, she had a run in with the trashcan. Oh yes, I got home from class tonight about 9:30 and she was just drying her tears. Apparently, she hasn't quite learned the rules of gravity yet.

A quick mental picture for you....on our porch there is a leather couch with tables at each end. Beside the small table to the left of the sofa my dad keeps a mid-sized (fairly small) trashcan angled in the corner. The only real access to this trashcan is over the side of the couch. Yep, that's right....

Ellie was sitting on the couch, playing so diligently with the pens, paper and such that were on the side table, when her attention was snatched away to the small calendar residing on the window ledge. You know kids, once they get their mind set on something they just lose focus of everything else (including balance). As she reaches over to the ledge, she slips on the slick leather armrest and goes HEAD-FIRST into the trashcan! Oh man, mom said she had no choice but to pull Ellie out by her ankles. I have to add that Ellie isn't the smallest of the 18 (almost 19) month olds that I've seen. Nope, she's a good 28 pounds of pure disaster running around the house. So anyway, mom pulls Ellie out of the trash, all the while Ellie is screaming hysterically from her little trashcan somersault.

I walked in about the time GiGi (my mom) was pulling the ice pack off of Ellie's forehead. Luckily there were no broken bones or concussions, but she does have two large bumps on her head. Both are long knots shaped familiarly like the side of a trashcan. I wish I had more than this one picture to share with you, but between the crying and laughing this was the only shot I could get.

Look at that knot on her noggin!!! Head-first into a trashcan and still smiling, that's my girl! :)

1 comment:

Lovely Lauren said...

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!! Her poor poor forehead! I feel so bad for her! I can't believe she's smiling in this photo! I bet there hurt her little head so bad!