Monday, July 7, 2008

July 4th Weekend

What a wonderful holiday weekend! We went to Knoxville to visit my sister and had a great time. It is always nice to spend extra time with the whole fam. This first picture is of Ellie in her July 4th dress! Wasn't she a doll?! Let me just say that dress only lasted through dinner. Little Ellie had a huge accident in her pretty new dress. Yes, you heard me correctly...poo all over the place. For those of you who have never experienced such a grotesque event, let me enlighten you.

It's a funny thing...kids and their bowel movements. They can just keep that stuff to themselves until the next thing you know you're up to your elbows in nastiness. You think I'm kidding? I wish. I do have to say it wasn't THAT bad since it was my own daughter, but had it been anyone else I wouldn't have been able to do it.

So, we were enjoying our nice 4th of July dinner at The Olive Garden. They seated us in a private room because there were eight of us (or maybe they knew the fate of our night already). We enjoyed a great dinner, wine and conversation. Little did we know that while we were enjoying the atmosphere, Ellie was destroying the ozone layer with her own fireworks. That's right, I took her out of her highchair so that she could walk around the table while we continued our conversations. Well, she hadn't began her little escapades then, instead she waited until she was down doing her own socializing before relieving herself at the same time.

She was walking around the table and who did she pick to surprise??? Uncle Judson! Oh yes, he picked her up with an, "Awww, she wants to sit with me." Next thing we knew he was saying, "Ummm, I think someone had an accident..." followed with an "ALL OVER MY LEG!" Oh man, it was so funny. Judson stood Ellie up and had a huge brown, pure liquid, spot on his freshly pressed khaki shorts.

Needless to say, Lauren and I rushed her to the restroom and, to our surprise, Ellie had messed all the way up the back of her diaper and into the cute July 4th dress. Oh, and it didn't just go North. Nope, those cute sparkling red and blue sandals adorning her precious dress were now adorned with something I can assure you I didn't pay extra for. Lauren and I thought, "We can handle this...we're pros!" Sure, sure. So what did we do? Yep, we stripped the baby butt naked in The Olive Garden restroom and washed her in the sink. Hey, desperate times call for desperate measures.

Luckily, I always keep a spare outfit in her diaper bag for times such as these. Though, I never thought I might need to keep a hand-held pressure washer in her bag too. Wonder if they make those? Hmmm. ;)

Well, we managed to get Ellie all cleaned up and the outfit and shoes washed out. We even made it to the fireworks early! She wasn't in her red, white and blue, but she was still precious.

This next picture was taken outside Lauren's apartment before dinner.

Ah, our night out together. Finally. It has been too long since our last night out together. It's always a good time with the Davis girls. Those of you that have brothers and sisters that you are close to know what I mean. It is fun to go out with friends, but nothing like spending the night out with you sisters! Too much fun!

No comments: