Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Rub-A-Dub-Dub...

Right out of Whoville! Isn't she a doll?! You know you've got it bad when someone could do just about anything and you would still gush about how precious they are. I say that only because it is really out of my element to feel that way. Ok, maybe not to feel that way, but expressing those feelings toward another human being really hasn't ever been my style. I know, I know, I should take more time conveying those feelings to the people I love. Believe me, I am working on it.

Regardless of how cold I may be to others, Ellie just warms my heart right up. Yep, I can feel a little ice breaking off each time I look at those beautiful blue eyes. I guess God does have a plan: beautiful baby....check, happy mother...check, cold heart warmed over...double check!! Just kidding. I really shouldn't be so hard on myself all the time. If the world didn't have people like me we would all me mushy, love-sick puppies wandering around aimlessly. Ok, maybe not that bad, but you get the point. I think it balances out in the end.

Ramble, ramble, ramble...where am I going with this? Hmmm....what is it that I am trying to say? I guess just that we should remember everyone is different. Actions and reactions to events are always going to depend on the individual person. Where one may cry another may laugh; not because they are ruthless, but because they see things from a different perspective. I guess sometimes we could all benefit from a new perspective on things.

Wow, I have successfully taken a post about a cute bath time photo of Ellie and turned it into a lecture...minus two cool points for me! I better get to bed before this gets any worse. :)

No comments: