Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Up the Creek...

I'm not sure I can even find words to explain the Friday night I had. A learning experience to say the least. There are some things in life you have to go through (several times it seems) in order to come to a realization of...I'M AN IDIOT!!

Believe me, there wouldn't be enough space on my blog to try and explain all of it. Ok, so there is probably enough room, but not near enough self-confidence to share my experience. However, I can say that I have managed to discover several things about myself: 1. I'm not above taking a cab when the circumstances call for it...regardless the company or the cost, 2. I can now say I am a victim of identity theft, and 3. Sometimes I allow my pride to make decisions for me that I would otherwise rethink.

The whole weekend wasn't bad. Saturday was spent in recovery mode and Sunday I helped my sister and her boyfriend renovate a house they will be moving into soon. I have to say, Friday night wasn't really even bad until the clock struck 2:00am. Ah, time is still healing that wound and my pride.

Anywho, let me elaborate on that #2 of discoveries listed above. Words of advice: PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOU'RE DOING, regardless the time or how much you may have had to drink. Some things in life are free...identity theft isn't one of them!

You see, it's a funny thing. The ATM prompts for a "would you like to make another transaction" and if you are on the phone, your hands are full, AND you're trying to catch the cab before they leave you, it makes it a little difficult to remember to grab your card. Right? Please say you might have done the same thing if you were me. Plus, I was ALONE...a cute female that is alone in Atlanta during the wee hours of the morning can make any girl rush through an ATM transaction. Not to mention a suspicious guy walked up behind me during this whole deal, so my mind was on getting my money and getting back to the car as quickly as possible. Luckily, I have an awesome bank! Out of the $500 charges that were made, I'm only out about $100.

So, you can see how waking up Saturday morning with a message from the Fraud Department at my bank could only add to the mayhem that already consumed my Friday night. I got through it though. The guy was really nice and even threw in a, "Well at least you weren't driving drunk" comment. There is hope for mankind.

I do have a special thanks to give though. This girl is awesome.

Though her matchmaking skills sometimes don't work out like originally planned, her personality is one of a kind! Seriously, even at 2 in the morning she is still as sweet as can be! I wasn't exactly sure who to call during the whole fiasco, so I called Jessica and she stayed on the phone with me the whole time. That takes some serious commitment...listening to me yap about the crazy night (and yell at my cab driver on several occasions). You're the best, Jess! :)

No comments: