Thursday, August 14, 2008

Lesson Learned

Let me just start by saying....who had the bright idea to have a concert on a Wednesday night? Those of us that can afford to go to a concert work during the week. My next question, what was I thinking actually going to the Wednesday night concert? What can I say, life is too short not to indulge in the simple pleasures like AWESOME concerts!

So, a friend and I went to the Jack Johnson concert at Lakewood last night and had a blast.

There we are, enjoying a little JJ and some darn good seats (which is a completely different story). The downfall...parking. Which leads me to my next question. Who builds an amphitheatre without thinking parking through? Are there even any answers to these mindless questions?

So, we sat in traffic forever, but that's going to happen regardless the parking situation. The real thing that gets me is the small forest we had to park in a mile away from the place. Yes, we did pay $20 for that spot next to the big oak. Who knew there were still trees in Atlanta? And gravel?

No complaints from me though, the show was well worth it!

There's nothing like getting home at 3:00AM on a week night. You know, your hamster just doesn't work quite as hard when it hasn't had the adequate amount of sleep. The wheel is there and the hamster is alive, but there isn't the slightest hint of activity. The repercussion of three hours of sleep.

I must say, that type of lifestyle takes some serious practice, dedication, major conditioning and a whole lotta Red Bull. Yeah, I remember the days...working in a bar until 3am, going out after work and then finally crashing for a little mid day shut-eye before doing it all again. Ah, the memories. Thank the Lord I don't live like that anymore! Nope, just the occasional night out for me...which I appreciate so much more now.

So, not properly conditioned for these circumstances, you can imagine how I was feeling today. Aside from the slightly blurred vision, clammy skin and the occasional cold sweats, I've been dealing with a bit of disorientation. I managed to run into my desk three separate times before 9:ooAM this morning. I've been working there for two years and never randomly collided with my desk. Not this morning though, in a two hour time span I did it not once, not twice, but three times. We know the importance of "wet floor" signs and "do not enter" signs, but who knew I needed a padded suit to make it through the work day safely. The recovery period just isn't what it used to be. Lack of sleep mixed with a mildly aggressive hangover = an interesting morning to say the least.

So, ladies and gentlemen, what can we take from this educational experience? Tylenol is your friend...take it with you to work!

No comments: